21Km Multi-Technologies Detection and tracking Unit
MTDU is a one unit, which has a wide range of mission capabilities with flexible, and high-performance multi-sensor technologies. Including 200 MP panoramic view, 25Km Land Radar and 21Km thermal tracking technologies and Gyro-stabilization
MTDU unit boosting the following modules:
Long-range thermal camera with LRF
Long-range visible day/night camera
200 MP 180-degree panoramic camera
* All above ranges are based on ideal environmental conditions
The main functions of the MTDU are:
- Early warning
- Remote and on-border detection
- Identification of illegal activities
- Detection and situation assessment by transforming raw data into essential information.
- Allowing timely coordinated Interception of potential intruders.
The MTDU consists of the following early-warning modules
- Ground/Sea-surveillance electronic scan radar detection.
- Panoramic view with video content analysis.
- Thermal /day-night visual tracking.
- The MTDU increases the probability of early detection with low false alarm and false negative rates
under various environmental conditions.
- It supports and help everyday work of Land/Sea Border Security and any other public authorities
may be engaged during abnormal events.
- The system performs continuous monitoring and surveillance of potential intrusion threats, within
a given time frame, preventing their entry into the protected territory allowing the forces to intercept
and capture the prospect intruders in a timely manner.
- The system observes the object initially detected by seamlessly combined Doppler E- scan radar tech
nology and panoramic video content analytic to provide early warning of intruders over long rand
short ranges and detect the target by assessing its key characteristics and provide automatic, semi-automatic and manually directing of the thermal tracking unit to observe the target.
- It detects moving targets under various environmental condition for 25 km range using E-scan
radar, and slue to cue function to Visually track the detected target using the thermal, day/night
- The panoramic features enable the system to view, monitor and track multiple target at the same
time in addition to the ability to zoom in on covered area (180 degree) in both live and
recorded mode thanks to 200MP ultra-high resolution imaging.
- Using Zoning feature gives the ability to overlay different types of zones, with different priorities and to program the zones to be sensitive to target size and/or speed.
- Upon receiving an alarm from MTDU the control center initiate audible
and visual notification and display the following:
- Alarm area map showing the exact location detected target along with target information Such as
type, speed and direction.
- Large Panoramic View of the target area.
- Panoramic View zoomed-in on target.
- Visual tracking view.
- Show the nearest available patrolling unit with its current location.
All parts are designed to withstand harsh environments to meet Military application requirements
for shock, vibration, temperature and dust/water ingression
Panoramic Camera Module
200 Megapixel Panoramic IP Camera, Auto Back Focus with Ten 1”sensors and ICR function for Day/Night switching
55040 (H) x 3648 (V)
20 fps @ 200 MP
JPEG2000 - Wavelet
MPIX24 Signal Processor
Each Image Sensor is 1” color 20.48 Megapixel CMOS
Motorized back focus adjustment
Progressive, no interlaced scanning
Electronic rolling shutter (ERS)
1/10 - 1/20 000 s, 1/1 s low shutter mode
0.02 lux F1.4 Day mode or 0.002 lux F1.4 Night mode
Fix, auto, blur or noise priority
Whole picture or any area selectable
Standard C/CS mount DC auto/manual IRIS, P-IRIS lens
1 programmable IO connections
Built-in microphone, 1 ch external 24 kHz/16bit, sound in/out-put
Integrated motion detection
10 Gbit SFP
Thermal Camera Module
640 x 512 pixels
3 to 5 µm
20 mK typical (<25 mK)
Auto / Manual
Different continuous optical zooms available @F/5.5 (different zooms @F/4 available in op-tion)
24x continuous optical zoom – F= 42 to 1020 mm, F/5.5 Horizontal Field Of View from 13° to 0.54° i.e min 9.6 x 7.2m @ 1000m
HD Day/Night Camera
Progressive CMOS sensor – Approx 2.1 Mpixels
1920 x 1080 pixels
Color: 0.2 lux (sensor)
Optical 64x / Digital 4x
Auto / Manual
Tilt movement speed
0.001 ° to 100°/sec
Field Of View (HxV)
@max FOV: 17.8° x 10° i.e 325 x 183m @ 1000m @min FOV: 0.29° x 0.16° i.e 5.1 x 2.85m @ 1000m
Laser Range finder
Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) Doppler Ground Surveillance Radar
– Wide-band (WB): 15.7 to 17.2 GHz
Transmitter power (nominal)
Embedded software and firmware
field upgradeable via network connection
Target Detection Performance
Maximum detection ranges
Crawling person (RCS 0.1 m2)
4.6 km (2.9 mi.)
Walking person (RCS 1.0 m2)
11.0 km (6.8 mi.)
Moving RIB (RCS 5 m2)
16.0 km (9.9 mi.)
Moving vehicle (RCS 30.0 m2)
20.0 km (12.4 mi.)
Large moving vehicle (RCS 100 m2)
25.0 km (15.5 mi.)
Maximum targets per scan
False Alarm Rate (FAR)
1 false alarm per day
Minimum detectable target radial velocity
0.37 km/h (0.23 mph)
Instrumented maximum range
2, 5, 8, 16 or 32 km
Instrumented minimum range
less than 10 m (33 ft.)
Azimuth scan angle
90°,180°, 270° or 360° horizontal e-scan
10° or 20° vertical beamwidth
Fastest scan time (for 90°)
Target Output & Identification
Target output port
available for cueing of pan/tilt-mounted cameras and thermal
Doppler audio modes
Connectivity & Software
Main I/O interface (for radar control)
10/100 Ethernet network interface
Auxiliary I/O interfaces
RS-232 and RS-422 control lines, opto-isolated control/status inputs and isolated switched contact outputs
65,000 h (zero maintenance)
Pan/Tilt System Module
N x 360°
+/-90° with software and mechanical stops
0.11°/s to 60°/s (payload dependent)
0.07°/s to 40°/s (payload dependent)
<0.1° (1.75 mrad) typical
0.005° (0.087 mrad)
-30°C to +65°C